Hanson Industrial Steel Buildings – Environmental
Hanson Steel Buildings are committed to the continuous improvement of our environmental performance, as part of our overall goal of implementing the principles of sustainable development in all areas of our work. Our aim is to ensure that environmental objectives are integrated into relevant best practice in a cost-effective manner.
We recognise that many of our activities have an impact on the environment and we aim to conduct our business and operations to reflect best environmental practice. We have implemented an environmental management system appropriate to the location, scale and nature of our activities to demonstrate our commitment to protecting the environment.
Hanson Industrial Steel Buildings environmental aims:
- Strive to meet, and where appropriate exceed all relevant environmental legislation and regulatory codes of practice;
- Review all of our activities, operations and procedures to identify and evaluate their environmental impact and set priorities for addressing these;
- Minimise any negative environmental effects caused by our operations and activities, use energy efficiently and minimise waste and pollution;
- Purchase wherever possible environmentally friendly goods and services and influence our suppliers and contractors to ensure that goods and services procured support our environmental policy;
- Establish recycling schemes for all appropriate waste produced by the business;
- Take measures to increase staff awareness of our environmental performance and individual environmental responsibilities, and ensure that environmental management is included within our staff induction and training programs
Our recent installation of solar panels at our facility in Featherstone is another step to demonstrate our commitment to the environment. These panels now provide the factories and offices with an estimated 80% of electricity consumption requirement all from a renewable energy source.
Hanson Industrial Steel Buildings have accreditation from the Environment Agency as an official authorised Waste Carrier.